Having recently secured 43 million in funding and named one of Canada’s Companies-to-Watch in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ Awards, we are becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups and looking to expand our Legal team! Certn is a fast growing global technology company that is looking to reinvent the way organizations build Trust in People with technology and AI backed background checks. We have roughly 125 team members and we’re proud of our revenue and customer growth. That said, we do not compromise on quality and will continue to grow and scale in a way that will make us the most trusted data solution for background checks and the best place to work.
To continue on this trajectory, we’re looking to add a Legal Administrator to our growing team.
This is an ideal role for someone who is in the legal field and keen on developing experience around all things technology and compliance. We are growing rapidly across the globe and facing new and exciting challenges which we need to solve from a legal perspective. If working in fact paced, non firm environment appeals to you, read on!
Here are some of the responsibilities we have in mind the successful candidate would take on:
- Managing all legal administrative tasks, including calendar management and client/vendor task management
- Managing and preparing agendas/materials and coordinating meetings, appointments, travel arrangements, etc.
- Assisting with the preparation of corporate documents, letters, closing agendas, and full assistance on M&A transactions
- Ensuring follow-up on activities, files and outstanding items with direct reports
- Running point on corporate maintenance and minute book updates
- Providing legal support for all departments in the organization
- Filtering incoming calls/mail and follow-up on various information requests
- Keeping informed of relevant legislative changes and training stakeholders as appropriate
Experience we’re looking for:
- Proven experience working within a law firm and or legal environment that connects to this position
- Experience working with large complex documents
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- A strong ability to creatively solve problems
- Be a clear and concise communicator with the ability to shift styles to accommodate a variety of audiences; always communicating with a high degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Team oriented with the ability to work in face paced environments
It’s a bonus if you are:
- Bilingual – Fluent in English and French is an asset
- Experienced with and knowledge of data security compliance and privacy & data protection laws; general corporate/commercial law (sales agreements, license agreements, etc.)
Here are some characteristics and values that really align with our Certonians and the way to be successful here:
- Growth mindset
- Problem solver
- Relationship builder
Whatever your background, experience, ethnicity, physical ability, sexual orientation, race and gender is, we want to hear from you! We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees from all walks of life. One of our main corporate goals is to build an environment that will be the best place for you to work and spend your time. To accomplish that, we know we need to build a diverse team where everyone feels included.
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways, we want to hear from you and we welcome you to apply and join our team!
*** If you have a disability which requires accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can best assist you ***