Having recently secured 43 million in funding, been named one of Canada’s Companies-to-Watch in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ Awards, and won KPMG’s Canadian Technology Innovation award, we are becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing scale-ups and looking to expand our team!
We celebrate being a remote first company while having ways of connecting in person. This position is fully remote, and you can work from almost anywhere.
At Certn, we’re building the future of background screening. Because we’re dealing with candidates’ housing and employment, and with the security of our clients’ businesses, we have to get the right answer every time. We’re looking for a US Compliance Specialist to ensure that we get those right answers.
We pride ourselves on delivering an industry leading platform, built with technology we love and coworkers we like and respect. If you love working with the latest tech in a growing scale-up environment, then we want to hear from you!
We are proud to have created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet. Utilizing hundreds of thousands of data sources, Certn has set a new standard for risk management tools for employers, property managers, and more.
The US Compliance Specialist is one of Certn’s designated compliance individuals who keep Certn out of harm’s way when it comes to data as it is provided to our clients. You will be integral to ensuring that the background check information being reported out to our customers complies with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and other applicable state/local laws. Within this role you will have an impact on the team in helping us improve processes and procedures and adjust practices as we grow, products change, and regulations change.
You’ll also be instrumental in supporting our national coverage for compliant service provisions within the USA, ensuring our platform meets regulatory standards and excel our reporting methodologies. You will work closely with our product teams to build and implement compliance strategies for today and into the future.
- Review of criminal records and reporting based on federal/state guidelines
- Assist with dispute resolution process in accordance with FCRA
- Assess researcher product and suggest effective options to reduce and remediate any associated risks
- Periodically take part in salting/auditing researcher network.
- Participate in achievement and maintenance of PBSA (Professional Background Screening Association)
- accreditation as it relates to Consumer Reporting Agency (CRA) compliance policies and procedures.
- Review and assess other services related to but not limited to motor vehicle records, credit reports,
- verifications, terrorist watch list, drug testing on occasion, others.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with data providers.
- Initiate escalation of and/or respond to variety of criminal search questions from internal staff and external Clients
- Familiar with FCRA, state and local criminal reporting rules along with a history of working and/or education in the background screening field
- At least 6 months experience working with a CRA primarily focused on reporting criminal records
- Active Basic and/or Advanced FCRA Certification preferred but not required
- Proficient in use of new and evolving technology
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills for internal and external communications
- Interested and able to work in a fully remote position, from 9am-5pm within the Eastern Time Zone
- A positive, supportive attitude and the drive to take initiative and to continually learn and grow through facing new challenges and incorporating constructive feedback
WHY WORK HERE?
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we are shaping the global human resource space using the latest available technology
- High-impact role with opportunity for professional growth and opportunity
- Access to professional development and training
- A competitive salary, health benefits,
- 4 weeks’ vacation, wellness days
- Green Transportation Perk
- Fitness Allowance
Apply immediately, as we will be interviewing soon!