We started in 2016, quickly becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups, and we are looking to expand our team.
*** this is a remote position ***
We are looking for a new team member that wants to make an impact. We pride ourselves on delivering an industry leading platform, built with technology we love and coworkers we like and respect. If you love working with the latest tech in a fast-paced start-up environment, then we want to hear from you!
We are proud to have created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet. Utilizing hundreds of thousands of data sources, Certn has set a new standard for risk management tools for employers, property managers, and more.
Who you are:
We are looking for a proven technical mindset / Developer who is motivated in a role combining code and clients. You will be solving unique problems and diving into technical problems daily that will be different. You can expect 80% of your time in more technical work, and 20% working with business clients and solving their complex challenges. A great chance to learn multiple sides of the business, you can develop your career in many paths from here.
What’s in it for you:
- Working closely with both our technical team and customer support to scale up our customer service platform and make our products better
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
- Work with our operations team to improve the architecture while building and scaling services
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
Required skill sets:
- Proven technical / development background that shows full understanding of back-end systems
- Direct experience with Web APIs and how they work
- Proven client facing experience and excellent communication
To be a top candidate:
- Experience in a full stack development environment, ideally with Python and Django
- Basic understanding of SQL and relational database design
- Understanding of asynchronous programming, Postgres, AWS, Jenkins, Celery, Django Rest Framework, React, Linux
- Understanding of cloud platforms and experience deploying on AWS
Reasons to apply:
- A comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary structure
- With impressive growth (40 hires in past 1 year), you will be part of the success story
- Unique role combining technical and clients, excellent for building experience
- 4 weeks starting paid vacation
- Free YMCA membership
- Regular team building activities
- Unlimited growth potential
- Option to work remotely
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately!