Having recently secured 43 million in funding and named one of Canada’s Companies-to-Watch in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ Awards, we are becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups and looking to expand our team!
** this position is fully remote ***
We are looking for a talented, driven developer that wants to make an impact on the world of big data and risk management. We pride ourselves on delivering an industry leading platform, built with technology we love and coworkers we like and respect. If you love working with the latest tech in a fast-paced startup environment, then we want to hear from you!
We are proud to have created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet. Utilizing hundreds of thousands of data sources, Certn has set a new standard for risk management tools for employers, property managers, and more.
Who you are:
We are looking for a proven technical mindset / Developer who is motivated in a role combining code and clients.
You will be solving unique problems and diving into technical problems daily that will be different. In terms of day to day work, you can expect a fairly even split between long-term features, and diagnosing & fixing escalations from our non-technical support team. A great chance to learn multiple sides of the business, you can develop your career in many paths from here.
What’s in it for you:
- Working closely with both our technical team and customer support to scale up our customer service platform and make our products better
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
- Work with our operations team to improve the architecture while building and scaling services
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
Required skill sets:
- Proven technical / development background that shows full understanding of back-end systems
- Direct experience with Web APIs and how they work
- Proven client facing experience and excellent communication
To be a top candidate, you bring:
- Experience in a full stack development environment, ideally with Python and Django
- Basic understanding of SQL and relational database design
- Understanding of asynchronous programming, Postgres, AWS, Jenkins, Celery, Django Rest Framework, React, Linux
- Understanding of cloud platforms and experience deploying on AWS
Reasons to apply:
- A comprehensive benefits package that starts day one
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Fitness perk allowance
- Professional development allowance
- Regular team building activities
- Unlimited growth potential
- Get to work with awesome people
Please apply ASAP as we are interviewing immediately!