Certn is committed to protecting the victims of trafficking. As such, trafficking victims can request that Certn remove negative information related to trafficking from your background check.
If you would like to request that information be removed from or not entered onto a background check from Certn, there are two ways you can let us know:
1) You can send your request with required documentation to one of our mailing addresses
2) You can submit a request electronically here on our website.
Clear directions for submitting your request for both Option 1 and Option 2 are listed below. However, if you need additional help, our team is here to support you through the process. Please email [email protected] or call our toll free number 844-987-0690 with any questions along the way.
How can I submit my request?
1021 E Lincolnway Unit #220 Cheyenne, WY 82001 OR 1006 Fort St, Suite 300, Victoria, BC, Canada V8V 3K4
Option 2: To submit your request electronically, fill out the form below and upload all required documentation:
Whether you submit your request via post or electronically, the required documentation/information is the same:
- Appropriate Proof of Identity
- Victim Determination Documentation
- Tell us the information are you requesting be removed or not reported
To avoid any delays, please ensure you include all the required documentation and clearly say which information needs to be removed. If we don’t have all the required documentation and details, we will contact you for more information.
If we have everything we need, Certn will block the information requested within 4 business days of receiving your submission.
If we don’t have enough information, Certn will notify you within 5 business days.
Certn will make a final decision within 25 business days of receiving your submission.
Appropriate proof of identity could include:
- A copy of a government issued ID documents such as a a passport or driver’s license.
- Official documents e.g. utility bills which include a full name (first, middle initial, last, suffix), any other or previously used names, current and/or recent full address (street number and name, apt. no., city, state, and zip code), full nine digits of Social Security number, and/or date of birth.
- If Certn has already performed a background check on you, your Certn Order Number orApplicant ID ( or the name of the Employer or Landlord who performed a report on you through Certn.
This is generally defined as documentation of a determination that you are a victim of trafficking, made by either:
- a Federal, State, or Tribal governmental entity;
- a court of competent jurisdiction, which includes certain documents filed in court; ; Trafficking Documentation;
- a non-governmental organization or human trafficking task force, including victim service providers affiliated with these entities, authorized by a Federal, State, or Tribal government entity; or
- a self-attestation by a consumer who identifies as a victim of trafficking that is signed or certified by a Federal, State, or Tribal government entity, court of competent jurisdiction, or an authorized representative of these entities.
This is the derogatory information you would like removed from our records or not reported. This might be payment delinquencies or defaults, records of coerced debt, records of criminal arrests and convictions, records of evictions or nonpayment of rent, for example. Please let us know specifically which parts you are disputing or requesting the removal of.
Our team is here to support you throughout this process. Please email [email protected] or call our toll free number 844-987-0690 if you require any support. For more information on this matter, please visit: humantraffickinghotline.org