Certn has created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet.
Started in 2016, we’ve quickly become one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups. We are now expanding into the US, taking our disruptive, industry-leading platform to the next level.
As a Compliance Specialist- USA, you help keep Certn out of harm’s way when it comes to data as it is provided to our customers. You will be integral to ensuring that the background check information being reported out is up to par with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and state requirements. You will work closely with our VP of US Compliance, support team, client success team, developers and corporate lawyers to successfully roll out and maintain compliance strategies for today and into the future.
Within this role you will have an impact on the team in helping us improve processes and procedures and adjust our practices as we grow, products change, and regulations change.
You’ll also play instrumental in supporting our national coverage for compliant service provision within the USA, ensuring our platform meets regulatory standards and excel our reporting methodology. You will work closely with our product team and corporate lawyers to build and implement compliance strategies for today and into the future.
You will learn a TON and teach us as well!
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
*This is a full-time, remote position.*
- Review of criminal records and reporting based on federal/state guidelines
- Assist with dispute resolution process in accordance with FCRA
- Assess vendor/researcher product and suggest effective options to reduce and remediate any associated risks
- Periodically salt and audit vendor/researcher network
- Participate heavily in achievement and maintenance of PBSA Accreditation as it relates to consumer reporting agency compliance policies and procedures
- Perform internal audits to ensure compliance and devise processes for improvements
- Review and assessment of other services related to but not limited to motor vehicle records, credit reports, verifications, terrorist watch list, drug testing on occasion
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with data providers
- Initiate escalation of and/or respond to a variety of data protection and compliance queries as necessary
- Collaborate with multiple teams to get accurately and efficient answers to our internal teams and external customers on any/all US background check inquiries
- A solid understanding of the legislation frameworks along with a history of working and/or education in the field
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
- PBSA basic/advanced certification preferred
- Strong reading comprehension skills (especially legal codes)
- Attention to detail and accuracy is an absolute must
- Experience working with confidential information and keeping sensitive data private
- An aptitude for explaining policies and procedures to other employees
- Familiarity with project management techniques
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Experience working with or FCRA protection is desirable
WHY WORK HERE?
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we are shaping the global human resource space using the latest available technology
- High-impact role with opportunity for professional growth and opportunity for
- Access to professional development and training
- A competitive salary, health benefits, 4 weeks vacation
- Your own commuter road bike for getting around
Apply immediately, as we will be interviewing soon!