Rapidly growing Canadian Tech Company is seeking a UI/UX Designer – Apply now
Certn is a platform that is changing the way we characterize and evaluate people. We are always on the search for others who aspire to immerse themselves in artificial intelligence and machine learning to influence the world of financial inclusion and risk.
One of our goals is to be considered leaders in design and a model to others. We are prepared to invest our resources to ensure all the necessary tools are at your disposal. If you enjoy pushing the envelope and challenging yourself to be the best, we want you on our team.
What you’ll be working on:
- Create high fidelity user interaction and interface designs.
- Create web graphics consistent with our brand image.
- Solve design problems while wearing multiple hats.
- Collaborate with the product team and the front end engineers to launch projects.
- Create an aesthetically pleasing, on brand UI for a new or existing component in our design system.
- Ask in-depth questions to understand a process, and back up decisions with research and user tests.
- Iterate on designs using a variety of techniques, such as sketches, workflow diagrams and high-fidelity mockups.
- Create effective and beautiful interfaces that solve our user’s problems.
- Iterate and improve on existing parts of the app.
- Inform design decisions with data, user testing.
Skills & Qualifications:
- You’re a professional with 3+ years of experience with a portfolio which showcases your abilities.
- Practiced knowledge of the fundamentals of design such as colour theory, grid layout, and typography.
- Expertise with industry leading design software and technologies: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision.
- Ability to work independently, manage time wisely, multi-task, project plan, switch contexts, and keep your team up-to-date.
- A flexible and friendly approach to working with teams: mindful, proactive, a good listener, and able to take and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience producing high-quality visual designs, from concept to execution.
- Good knowledge of design trends and best practices across different devices and platforms.
Reasons to apply:
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Your own set of wheels (yes, every employee gets a brand new bike!).
- 4 weeks starting paid vacation.
- Free YMCA membership.
- Regular team building activities.
- Unlimited growth potential.
Since its inception in 2016, the company has quickly become one of Canada’s fastest-growing background check companies. We pride ourselves on our dynamic work environment with an energizing team culture. For more information, visit https://certn.co/.