1. The Service allows landlords, property managers, lenders, insurance companies and financial institutions (the “Clients”) to screen applicants, borrowers, or insured (collectively the “Applicants”). Typical screening may include ordering and sharing credit reports, financial transaction history, social and behavioral profiles, as well as, public record checks of Applicants on behalf of Clients.
2. Certn allows Clients to view a Certn Report from Applicants using the Service in the form of a comprehensive report (the “Certn Report”), which measures multiple variables including but not limited to credit reports, social profiles, behavioral tests and public record checks.
3. Certn will host a Clients online screening application form, which allows Applicants to fill out an application form. The Applicant is then screened. Certn then provides Clients with a Certn Report on the Applicant.
4. The Client is required to enter into a written contract directly with Certn or one of our partners.
5. Certn is a screening service that is independent from and not affiliated with or related to any of the Clients. We are not an agent for and we do not represent any of the Clients. Applicants agree to make their own independent inquiries on the Clients and it is the Applicants’ responsibility to seek any legal or other advice that you may deem necessary before entering into any relationship with any of the Clients.
6. Certn provides a Service that assists Clients with the screening process. All decisions regarding the suitability or acceptability of an Applicant is solely within the discretion of the Client. Certn is not responsible for the outcome of any application made by the Applicant and provides no guarantees whatsoever that the Applicant will be accepted by the Client once an application is completed. In the event of a Client and Applicant dispute, the Service is not liable for any faults.
9. Credit reports and public record check functionality is provided by our third-party credit reporting agencies and may not be available for all Applicants or at all times for various reasons, including reasons beyond our control. We are not a credit bureau and do not control or verify the contents of credit reports, including reports obtained through the Service. We are NOT responsible for the contents of any credit report or any credit score, whether correct or incorrect.
10. Credit reports and public record check reports can contain incorrect information. Certn does not verify the contents of any reports obtained through third party credit reporting and is NOT responsible for the contents or any discrepancies contained within them.
11. Certn’s Applicant screening features are designed to help Clients find the most suitable Applicants; neither they nor any other aspect of the Service are intended to create any kind of contract or other legal obligation between a Client and an Applicant. Certn’s application form is not a loan, rental or lease agreement. A loan, rental or lease agreement SHOULD be signed directly between the Client and Applicant.
12. You must be at least 18 years old to use Certn.
13. Certn is currently available for Applicants from Canada and the United States.
15. Use of the Service does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in the Service or anything related to or connected with the Service including the Certn Report, any third party credit reports or public record check reports.
16. You must provide your full legal name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the sign up process. You are also responsible for keeping your email address up to date, so we can send you important notices.
17. You are responsible for keeping your password and account secure.
18. You are responsible for the accuracy of everything that is submitted under your account.
19. We are not responsible for the accuracy of anything submitted under your account to the Service.
20. You may not use the Service for any illegal purpose. You may not, in using the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction or ours, or infringe the rights of anyone. You may not use the Service as part of any fraudulent scheme or transaction. If we have reason to suspect your account has been used for an unauthorized or illegal purpose, you AGREE that we may share information about you, your account, and any of your transactions with law enforcement agencies. You further AGREE that we may disclose such information as may be reasonably required to comply with any applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process.
22. We are not responsible for knowing the applicable laws in each jurisdiction. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless us and our affiliates, agents, officers and employees, and vendors (including without limitation our third-party reporting agencies and affiliates) from any claim, suit, action, or loss arising from or relating to any claim by a third party which arises as a result of your use of the Services, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, civil or criminal fined or other penalties, litigation costs, and attorneys’ fees.
23. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time.
25. If you wish to cancel your account, you must do so via the Service web site, or contact us directly. If you choose to cancel your account, you might be asked to provide information to prove your identity.
26. Conversely, information you provide to us, including personal information, may remain on our servers indefinitely after you request the cancellation of your profile.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
OUR SITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE, IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS", WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER CERTN NOR ITS AFFILIATES MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (A) AS TO THE CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH OUR SITE OR OBTAINED BY, THROUGH OR AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES, (B) THAT YOU WILL HAVE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO OUR SITE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR (C) THAT OUR SITE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE. IN ADDITION, CERTN AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON INFRINGEMENT AND INFORMATIONAL CONTENT. THEREFORE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SITE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. BY USING OUR SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NEITHER CERTN, ITS DOMESTIC SUBSIDIARIES, NOR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SITE, CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), INCLUDING LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH ANY VIRUSES WHICH MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT.