RCMP Criminal Record Check
RCMP Criminal Record Checks
Certn streamlines the criminal record report process across Canada. Our RCMP Name Based Criminal Record reports are 100% online, which means no paper and no long manual processes. Our intuitive dashboard provides an official document issued by an Accredited Police detachment within minutes. We verify 100% of ID’s online. No visits to the post office!
What We Offer?
Certn has partnered with the RCMP which allows us to search the RCMP National Repository of Criminal Records (CPIC). Our Enhanced RCMP reports include searches of the Police Information Portal (PIP) along with local police records. Candidates can give their consent, and complete the form in less than 3 minutes.
Why RCMP Criminal Reports Are Important?
In Canada, a Criminal Background Check is a mandatory process for most employers. Certn allows employers to hire trusted candidates faster. The reasons to conduct a Criminal Background Check are:
- Protection of your people and organization
- Lowers risk of a bad hire
- Maximizes the opportunity to hire top talent
- Follows company regulations
- Satisfies SOC 2 and PCI compliance requirements
Save Time & Money
With the average bad hire costing the employer $25,000, Criminal Background Reports are an important piece to the onboarding process. Certn minimizes the risk of theft and/or liabilities. We Save employers and candidates time and money with the fastest; most accurate Criminal Background Check process in Canada.
Types of RCMP Checks
RCMP Criminal Record Check
A Canadian Police Information Check
Includes a search of the Canadian Police Information Centre and locally held police information for:
- Peace Bonds
- Prohibition Orders
- Release Conditions
- Probation Orders
- Summary Convictions
- Recent Convictions not yet registered in the National Repository
Enhanced RCMP Criminal Record Check
All of the searches included in the RCMP Criminal Record Check plus a search of the Police Information Portal (PIP) looking for:
- Criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted, and conditional and absolute discharges which have not been removed from the CPIC system.
- Probation information
- Prohibited person information
- Wanted person information
- Accused person information
- Peace bonds
- Judicial orders
- If relevant, Absolute and Conditional Discharges, Criminal charges that have been withdrawn, dismissed or Stayed of Proceedings.
- Any negative contact with Police
Enhanced RCMP checks also include the following databases: Firearms Interest Police (FIP) and the Niche RMS system.
Vulnerable Sector Search
Includes all of the searches included in an Enhanced RCMP Criminal Record Check plus a search of the national pardoned sex offender database. Please note:
- People who volunteer or have jobs where they are in positions of trust or authority over children or vulnerable persons can be asked to obtain a vulnerable sector check. Federal regulations require that these checks ONLY be initiated by the local police service where the candidate lives.
- Contact Us for more details.
- Note: For applicants born after February 28, 1986, a search of the pardoned sex offender database serves no purpose as it will always yield a negative result. This applicant group should be processed using an Enhanced RCMP Criminal Record Check