We started in 2016, quickly becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups, and we are looking to expand our team right here in Victoria, BC!
** this position is fully remote ***
We are looking for a new team member that wants to make an impact. We pride ourselves on delivering an industry leading platform, built with technology we love and coworkers we like and respect. If you love working with the latest tech in a fast-paced start-up environment, then we want to hear from you!
We are proud to have created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet. Utilizing hundreds of thousands of data sources, Certn has set a new standard for risk management tools for employers, property managers, and more.
We’re looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to help define Certn’s design system and build out a mature design-first culture. You will work alongside designers, product managers, and developers who are dedicated to creating world-class experiences for both of our B2B and B2C customers. You’ll play a key role in the implementation of systems and processes throughout Certn as part of our mission to become the world’s leading risk management solution, and known primarily for our outstanding user experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Be a proactive thought-leader that takes initiative to develop a user-centric and data-driven engineering culture.
- Develop and maintain sophisticated design artifacts such as design systems, style guides, and interaction guidelines
- Nurture empathetic design through group collaboration, such as customer journey mapping, storyboarding, user persona workshops, or other UX exercises.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help lead the end-to-end design of major SaaS features from discovery to launch.
- Communicate with stakeholders to gain product buy-in by understanding product use cases, problem definition, user needs, and business requirements
- Advocate for user-centric design as part of Certn’s development process, including data driven design, design thinking, and lean UX.
- Contribute to Product’s strategy and vision through defining roadmaps, goals, success metrics, and prioritization of Epics.
- Comfortable communicating design decisions and rationale with stakeholders.
- Problem-solve with unbiased empathy, curiosity, tenacity, and openness.
- Egoless approach to design with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Proactively take ownership of ambiguous projects with ease.
- Flexibility to adapt and pivot when necessary.
- Eager to try new ideas, push boundaries, and take risk in an effort to build innovative products.
- A strong portfolio showcasing how you’ve delivered intuitive solutions using a variety of methods, strategies, and approaches.
- Familiarity with industry standard tools in each major phase of design thinking (ideation, wireframing, user testing, dev handoff, user monitoring, etc.)
- Experience working with Development and Product teams in an agile environment.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience building design systems, pattern libraries, or style guides.
- Experience measuring the success of projects through KPI tracking and UX metrics using tools such as Hotjar, Analytics, Appcues, and Tableau.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation.
- Regular team building activities.
- A work culture focused on growth and development
- Huge opportunity to shape and own parts of a rapidly evolving product
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately!