We started in 2016, quickly becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups, and we are looking to expand our team right here in Victoria, BC!
We are looking for a new team member that wants to make an impact. We pride ourselves on delivering an industry leading platform, built with technology we love and coworkers we like and respect. If you love working with the latest tech in a fast-paced start-up environment, then we want to hear from you!
We are proud to have created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet. Utilizing hundreds of thousands of data sources, Certn has set a new standard for risk management tools for employers, property managers, and more.
Who you are:
You are a seasoned Front-End Developer who is keen on helping maintain and expand on our web applications, build features, evolving practices and procedures, mentoring others, and will be an essential part of the front end team.
The following are required skillsets:
- 3+ years experience developing production-quality applications
- 3+ years experience developing and releasing production React / Redux code
- Strong CSS and styling skills
- Automated testing experience
- Deep knowledge of web technologies
- Understanding of responsive design and web standards
- An Interest in helping evolve our product and practices
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- A desire stay current with the latest front-end technologies and best practices
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time-management skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to be part of an amazing team, share knowledge, help with code review, and mentor others
If you have a combination of the following, you will be a top candidate:
- Experience with our front end tech: Ant Design, Styled Components, React Router, Cypress, Lodash, React Intl, Node, html-pdf
- Webpack / CRA
- Animation libraries (React-Sprint, etc)
- Git experience
- UI/UX experience
Why work with Certn?
- A comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary structure
- With impressive growth (40 hires in past 1 year), you will be part of the success story
- Your own set of wheels (yes, every employee gets a brand new bike!)
- 4 weeks starting paid vacation
- Free YMCA membership
- Regular team building activities
- Unlimited growth potential
- Option to work remotely
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately!