Certn started in 2016, quickly becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups, and we are looking to expand our team!
Our Product Team is looking for a Product Manager who craves responsibility & ownership, and is seeking to have a huge potential impact on our industry-defining platform. If you love working with the latest tech in a fast-paced start-up environment, then we want to hear from you!
We are proud to have created the fastest and most comprehensive risk-management solution on the planet. Utilizing hundreds of thousands of data sources, Certn has set a new standard for risk management tools for employers, property managers, and more.
As a Product Manager on our Product team, you will work alongside designers, developers, and other Product Managers who are dedicated to creating world-class experiences for both of our B2B and B2C customers. You will be the dedicated “product owner” on one of our core engineering teams, responsible for facilitating the development of new high-impact products and features by turning high-level product vision and priorities into actionable stories for engineering. You will also act as a liaison between your team and other internal departments, helping to foster a culture of open communication and collaboration.
- Own your team’s product feature roadmap from end to end
- Take high-level product vision, research and develop solutions, collaborate with designers, and convert the vision into actionable stories for engineers to further scope and develop
- Write detailed product requirements that clearly articulate product specifications and acceptance criteria
- Manage and prioritize your team’s backlog
- Explain product vision and user stories to your team to ensure requirements are understood and that customer and business value is delivered.
- Support the product vision of your team and ensure that it aligns with the overall company goals. Communicate the vision frequently so stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where the product is going.
- Manage expectations of internal stakeholders by effectively prioritizing resources, work and negotiating product/project needs
- Coordinate with internal departments: marketing, sales, support, success, and engineering.
- Work with the Product Team to implement new processes
- Manage and solve product release related issues.
- Be focused on customers and be involved in setting the overall product strategy.
- 3+ years of experience in a product management (or equivalent) role
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledgeable in managing the definition and execution of projects (conceptualization, requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation)
- Egoless approach to collaboration with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Proactively take ownership of ambiguous projects with ease.
- Flexibility to adapt and pivot when necessary.
- Eager to try new ideas, push boundaries, and take risk in an effort to build innovative products.
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Development and/or Product teams
NICE TO HAVES:
- Technical background, with experience in SaaS platforms
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation.
- Free YMCA membership (walking distance to our Victoria office)
- Regular team building activities.
- A work culture focused on growth and development
- Huge opportunity to shape and own parts of a rapidly evolving product