Who we are
Certn has created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet. Utilizing hundreds of thousands of data sources, Certn has set a new standard for risk management tools for employers, property managers, and more. We started in 2016, quickly becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups, and we are looking to expand our team!
We are looking for talented, driven developers that want to make an impact on the world of big data and risk management. We pride ourselves on delivering an industry leading platform, built with technology we love and coworkers we like and respect. If you love working with the latest tech in a fast-paced startup environment, then we want to hear from you!
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated QA Engineer to test and maintain the quality of our platform. In this role, you’ll build out and implement test plans, make updates to automated test suites, and make QA oriented improvements to our CI/CD pipeline.
What’s in it for you
- Take ownership of QA workflows and lead a QA team within a growing startup environment.
- Drive continuous delivery by ensuring the development pipeline is supported by reliable QA processes.
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
- Work with our operations team to improve architecture and overall system quality.
What you bring to the table
- You’re a professional with at least 3-5 years of experience in a QA focused position.
- Experience managing a team of QA developers.
- Experience building and implementing testing plans within a development team.
- Experience working with automated testing using Python and Django.
- Experience with frontend test frameworks like Selenium or Cypress.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (collaborate, facilitate, and negotiate).
- Understanding of cloud platforms and experience deploying on AWS.