As the Junior Staff Accountant, you will play a key role within Certn’s Financial Department. You will be a key contributor to ensuring Certn’s monthly billing schedule is conducted in a timely and efficient manner. You will also be responsible for ensuring Certn’s financial transactions are recorded using our internal accounting software. You will work closely with all departments within Certn to ensure expenses and vendor invoices are entered correctly while upholding practice standards outlined by IFRS.
Within this role, you will have the opportunity to work directly with Certn’s CFO, Staff Accountant, and Office/HR Manager. You will be given the tools required to succeed in this role, in addition to the opportunity to advance your career in the finance/accounting discipline.
Who we are:
Since its inception in 2016, the company has quickly become one of Canada’s fastest-growing background check companies. We pride ourselves on our dynamic work environment with an energizing team culture. Certn is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status
- Bookkeeping Transactions:
- Recording corporate bank account transactions (RBC, CIBC, BMO, SVB, etc.)
- Recording corporate credit card transactions
- Reviewing and approving employee expenses
- Recording semi-monthly payroll
- Recording the receipt of revenue from customers (EFT, Cheque, Stripe & Wires, etc.)
- Reconciling EFTs, Wires, and e-transfers
- Issuing Stripe refunds to customers
- Monthly customer billing:
- Ensuring all customer billing goes out in a timely manner
- Ensuring credits have been applied to accounts and updated in Certn’s API
- Auto-billing customers
- Manual billing process to our customer’s vendor platforms
- Following up with customers on outstanding balances in accordance with Certn’s Aged Receivable Policy.
- Billing customers for up-front bulk purchases.
- Ability to work Pacific Standard Time [9 am – 5 pm PST]
- Available three times per week
- 1 – 2 years of booking/accounting experience, or educational equivalents.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly, courteously, and professionally to both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable asking questions
- Excellent written and spoken English
Reasons to join Certn:
- An inclusive and fun work environment
- Ability to work remotely
- Opportunity to work directly with a CPA in both Canada and the United States with over 10+ years of experience
- Certn is one of the fastest-growing companies in Victoria
- Challenging workload with incredible learning opportunities
- Limitless growth opportunity within the company
- Competitive wage