Having recently secured 43 million in funding, been named one of Canada’s Companies-to-Watch in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ Awards, and won KPMG’s Canadian Technology Innovation award, we are becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing scale-ups and looking to expand our team!
We celebrate being a remote first company while having ways of connecting in person. This position is fully remote, and you can work from almost anywhere.
At Certn, we’re building the future of background screening. Because we’re dealing with candidates’ housing and employment, and with the security of our clients’ businesses, we have to get the right answer every time. We’re looking for a Director of Corporate Quality to ensure that we get those right answers. We pride ourselves on delivering an industry leading platform, built with technology we love and coworkers we like and respect. If you love working with the latest tech in a growing scale-up environment, then we want to hear from you!
We are proud to have created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet. Utilizing hundreds of thousands of data sources, Certn has set a new standard for risk management tools for employers, property managers, and more.
Who you are:
We are looking for a leader who knows what “good” looks like in a quality organization, and who can teach and implement that vision. With our fast growth, we haven’t been able to keep the bar of quality as high as we want and know it ought to be. We want to reinvest intentionally on quality as we scale into our next phase of growth. We’re looking for someone who can lead us to good overall quality outcomes. Our screening solutions have the potential to affect people’s housing and livelihoods, and we need our answers to be as accurate as possible; we need someone who can build the organizations and mechanisms we need to be certain of that.
What you bring to the table:
- You have a background in both engineering and quality, and past experience in mentoring people in both roles.
- You have past management experience, and a track record of leading organizations to good quality outcomes.
- You have experience in implementing automated tests in a continuous delivery framework, with defence in depth, including unit tests, integration tests, acceptance tests, performance tests, and other kinds of testing not mentioned here.
- You love technology and working with brilliant people.
- You have a passion for innovation in software engineering, quality, and testing.
- You demonstrate an understanding of the definition of done
- You have an understanding of the full lifecycle of modern software development in a continuous deployment environment.
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable.
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated.
What you’ll do:
- Define quality standards and key performance indicators for the whole company.
- Teach Certn’s Engineering and Product organizations to achieve good quality outcomes through automated testing, and hold them accountable for doing so.
- Recruit, train, manage, and audit teams of exploratory testers and data quality professionals.
- Ensure the accuracy of assessments of applicants to Certn’s customers.
- Provide feedback to Certn’s data sources and other partners about the accuracy of data supplied to Certn for assessments.
- Collaborate proactively across product engineering to help define harmonized testing procedure and pipelines.
- Own overall product quality process and direction of testing frameworks.
- Mentor engineers in improving their programmer-written tests.
- Mentor product managers in specifying automated acceptance tests.
- Set up new exploratory testing and data quality functions and teams.
- Evaluate the quality discipline of engineering teams.
- Write high quality code to implement foundational components as needed.
- Work to reduce complexity and improve maintainability of our test frameworks.
- Influence others and represent technical insight to customers and other engineers.
- Support and encourage solid engineering processes (e.g. TDD, kanban, XP, etc.)
Here are some characteristics and values that really align with our Certonians and the way to be successful here:
- Growth mindset
- Problem solver
- Relationship builder
Whatever your background, experience, ethnicity, physical ability, sexual orientation, race and gender is, we want to hear from you! We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees from all walks of life. One of our main corporate goals is to build an environment that will be a great place for you to work and spend your time. To accomplish that, we know we need to build a diverse team where everyone feels included.
Research shows that folks from marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Contact us anyway, we want to hear from you and we welcome you to apply and join our team!
*** If you have a disability which requires accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can best assist you ***