Having recently secured 43 million dollars in funding and named one of Canada’s Companies-to-Watch in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ Awards, we are becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups and looking to expand our Data Team! Certn is a fast growing global technology company that is looking to reinvent the way organizations build Trust in People with technology and AI backed background checks.
We have over 120 team members and we’re proud of our revenue and customer growth. That said, we do not compromise on quality and will continue to grow and scale in a way that will make us the most trusted data solution for background checks and the best place to work. To continue on this trajectory, we’re looking to add a Data Engineer to our growing team.
As the Data Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for the planning and implementation of the data foundation that powers our data dashboards and reporting. You will work closely with our Engineers to build scalable pipelines & infrastructure to deliver clean, accurate data to our Analysts, and the eventual end users.Some of the responsibilities that the successful candidate will take on include:
- Bridging the gap between understanding business needs and knowing how to create efficient, usable data models.
- Lead the development of data models that support flexible querying and data visualization
- Build aggregate datasets using ELT principles that underlay insights and visualizations; have a strong point of view on what data to prioritize
- Build reliable and reusable data products that service analysts and non-technical stakeholders
- Rapidly deliver on concepts through prototypes that can be presented for feedback
- Document data requirements and processes to bring transparency and ensure data integrity with privacy by design
- Design and build dashboards to share key metrics with stakeholders
We are hoping you’ll bring…
- Comfortable asking the right questions about data structure/integrity
- Comfortable with cleaning large data sets from varied sources
- Experience overseeing the entire ETL process
- Prior experience with PostgreSQL
- Prior experience with Python
- Understanding and experience with AWS
- A desire and passion for working in a collaborative feedback-driven environment.
- An excitement about accessibility and ensuring our code is accessible as possible.
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience working with Tableau or similar data visualization tooling
- CI/CD tooling experience, Jenkins would be great!
- Experience logging solution, ideally with ELK stack or CloudWatch
- Basic understanding of Finance and Sales teams’ data needs
- Experience with Django
- Experience with R
- Experience with Data warehouse architecting
- Experience with Data pipeline development
- Experience with FiveTran
- Experience with AWS RedShift
Here are some characteristics and values that really align with our Certonians and the way to be successful here:
- Growth mindset
- Problem solver
- Relationship builder
We are interviewing immediately – please send through your application asap (cover letter not required). Whatever your background, experience, ethnicity, physical ability, sexual orientation, race and gender is, we want to hear from you! We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for all employees from all walks of life. One of our main corporate goals is to build an environment that will be the best place for you to work and spend your time. To accomplish that, we know we need to build a diverse team where everyone feels included.
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways, we want to hear from you and we welcome you to apply and join our team! *** If you have a disability which requires accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can best assist you ***