We started in 2016, quickly becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups, and we are looking to expand our team!
** this position is fully remote ***
We are looking for a talented, driven developer that wants to make an impact on the world of big data and risk management. We pride ourselves on delivering an industry leading platform, built with technology we love and coworkers we like and respect. If you love working with the latest tech in a fast-paced startup environment, then we want to hear from you!
We are proud to have created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet. Utilizing hundreds of thousands of data sources, Certn has set a new standard for risk management tools for employers, property managers, and more.
Who you are:
We are looking for a complex problem solver with a delivery mindset to join our team as an Intermediate Software Developer. In this role, you’ll build out and scale our products as well as drive continuous improvements to our data pipeline – the central point for data acquisition, aggregation, transformation, identification, and filtering.
What’s in it for you:
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
- Work with our operations team to improve the architecture while building and scaling services.
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility.
What you bring to the table:
- You’re a professional with 3 + years of experience building amazing things that speak for themselves.
- Experience working with Python and Django.
- Async Python experience.
- An understanding of SQL and relational database design.
- Optional, but preferred understanding of asynchronous programming, Postgres, JSON Web APIs, AWS, Jenkins, Django Rest Framework, Linux.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (collaborate, facilitate, and negotiate).
- Understanding of cloud platforms and experience deploying on AWS.
We are interviewing immediately – please send through your application asap (cover letter not required).