Rapidly growing Canadian Tech Company is seeking a Graphic Designer/Marketing Assistant.
The Graphic Designer/Marketing Assistant is responsible for continuously maintaining the company’s brand aesthetics, internally and externally. This includes reviewing, updating, and maintaining the company’s visual representation in all aspects of design including typography, composition, and colour. The creative talents of the individual in this role will be applied to digital advertisements, marketing materials, sales documents, trade show materials and web graphics. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the Marketing Department by performing market research, market analysis, and social media management. The successful candidate will be an innovative, out-of-the-box thinker who strives for design excellence and enjoys challenges. The candidate also seeks to have a broader role in the business’ success by being involved in strategic marketing functions.
In collaboration with other department heads, the Graphic Designer/Marketing Assistant is responsible for developing company images and delivering a powerful and consistent brand. This will be achieved via digital and print form and by leveraging a proven graphics ability with great attention to details.
- Creative freedom to imagine new assets and visuals that align with, or compliment our brand
- Maintain brand standards and style
- Design, build and maintain social media presence
- Support Department Managers in various marketing projects
- Collaborates in cross-departmental teams for projects requiring graphic design or marketing/communications
- Support the sales team through producing printed collateral (roll-up banners, pop-up displays, brochures, business cards, etc.)
- Support the marketing team through creating engaging digital assets (email headers, blog banners, newsletters, social media, etc.)
- Degree/diploma/certificate in graphic design
- Proficient use of social media scheduling tools – creating and scheduling social posts on all social media platforms.
- Must have a portfolio or sample work upon application
- Skilled using graphic design software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience with social media management
- Ability to manage projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and software
- Ability to work Pacific Standard Time hours [9 am – 5 pm PST].
- Experience with video editing and production (Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro)
- Familiarity with WordPress or other CMS platforms
- Experience with designing reports and data visualization
Reasons to apply:
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Your own set of wheels (yes, every employee gets a brand new bike!).
- 4 weeks starting paid vacation.
- Free YMCA membership.
- Regular team building activities.
- Unlimited growth potential.