We started in 2016, quickly becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups, and we are looking to expand our team!
** this position is fully remote ***
We are looking for a talented, driven developer that wants to make an impact on the world of big data and risk management. We pride ourselves on delivering an industry leading platform, built with technology we love and coworkers we like and respect. If you love working with the latest tech in a fast-paced startup environment, then we want to hear from you!
We are proud to have created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet. Utilizing hundreds of thousands of data sources, Certn has set a new standard for risk management tools for employers, property managers, and more.
Your role will be to build new and experimental, consumer facing platforms as well as maintaining and updating our customer-facing websites.
Who you are:
You are a Frontend Developer with interest and experience integrating API’s into a user interface. You will be spearheading the rapid development of a number of “side projects” intended to drive revenue to the core Certn system. These are standalone projects/services being rapidly prototyped, and iterated upon.
Must have WordPress experience!
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years experience developing production-quality applications
- 3+ years experience developing and WordPress
- Ideally experienced with React.js
- Ideally experienced with Node.js
- Strong CSS and styling skills
- Automated testing experience
- Deep knowledge of web technologies
- Experience building, and developing against RESTful web APIs
- Understanding of responsive design and web standards
- An Interest in helping evolve our product and practices
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- A desire stay current with the latest web development technologies and best practices
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time-management skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with our front end tech: Ant Design, Styled Components, React Router, Cypress, Lodash, React Intl, Node, html-pdf
- Experience with serverless practices
- Experience full stack JS frameworks like Firebase or Meteor.js
- Netlify or Vercel
- Webpack / CRA
- Animation libraries (React-Sprint, etc)
- Git experience
- UI/UX experience
Why work with Certn?
- A comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary structure
- With impressive growth (50 hires in past 1 year), you will be part of the success story
- 4 weeks starting paid vacation
- Regular team building activities
- Unlimited growth potential
- Remote work
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately.