Certn is a growing technology company that is looking to disrupt the Trust in People industry with technology and AI backed background checks.
We believe that background checks don’t have to be long, paper-based and half-way trusted. In fact, we thrive on leveraging our technology and partnerships to deliver fast, friendly and comprehensive solutions for all of our clients in Canada, the US, Europe and beyond.
Our growth in the last 3 years has been impressive. By that we mean, our team’s growth, our revenue growth and our market grab. We don’t compromise on quality though and we want to continue to grow and scale in a way that will make us THE trusted data solution for background checks in the world and the best place to work.
We aim to build an amazing internal team, as well as help our clients build theirs. We believe we when we bring our whole selves to work, we are happier, more confident, and more excited to do great things! And we invest in our team to make sure that you have the right information, resources and tools to thrive in with us… after all, we help businesses thrive and grow, so we want you to as well!
We’re actively seeking a CPA with SaaS/tech industry experience to lead, oversee and manage US and Canadian finance, accounting and reporting activities.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply and grow your knowledge within a quickly-growing SaaS/tech company as we expand our services within and across the US.
As Controller, reporting directly to the CFO, your expertise and ability to execute will be key to our success as we expand into the US market, while learning and applying Canadian finance and accounting knowledge to managing that team.
In addition, you are someone that brings an entrepreneurial perspective, a drive to build and grow things, a motivating and encouraging leadership style, and the ability to work successfully with a remote team.
**This is a fully remote role, open to candidates throughout the US.**
- Work in collaboration with the CFO to align and create seamless processes and procedures to meet regional regulatory requirements and practices, maintaining and exercising proactive communication
- Compile consolidated financial statements in IFRS for our Canadian, US, Australian and UK companies
- Reporting to management the overall financial health of the business and its attainment towards key performance indicators
- Run the Canadian and US entity’s accounting department, overseeing the work of internal bookkeepers and billing team
- Apply or gain understanding of Nexus concepts and sales and use tax and franchise tax in the USA
- Oversee reporting and remittance requirements with government agencies for Canadian and USA entities
- Aligning and integrating updates/processes into larger business structure
- Manage month-end close and the day-to-day activities related to the finance and accounting team
- Ensuring the financial functions are organized and efficient to produce accurate financial and management reports
- Proactively problem-solve, drive process improvements, and exercise good business judgment
- Analyze and optimize internal control processes, financial analysis and forecasting impacting the growth of an innovate product and team
- Create and maintain business partnerships and manager service levels with service providers
- Lead review engagements, prepare and oversee of statutory returns and assist with the preparation and coordination of statutory audits
- Working with leadership of various departments and teams to align and meet financial and other regulatory requirement, client services, product development and launches
To be considered for this position, you will have: (these are “musts”)
- CPA Designation
- Experience within a software company, having some knowledge of sales and use tax and selling across the multi-states in US, plus
- 3+ years in industry
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS
- Experience managing and growing teams
- Experience with consolidating financial statements with foreign entities
- Experience preparing and overseeing department budgets
- Experience managing the monthly close to ensure an efficient process
- Experience overseeing the annual audit or review of company’s financial statements under IFRS
Strong candidates may also have:
- Understanding of Nexus across multi-state organizations
- Understanding of transfer pricing and working within multi-country organizations
- 2-5 years’ of public practice experience
- Canadian tax knowledge (not require, will train on this if needed)
- Experience with NetSuite
- GAAP knowledge
- The ability to balance getting the details right while still moving quickly
- The ability to work well and collaboratively with team members and external partners at all levels
- A willingness to “roll up your sleeves” when needed
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Innovative, highly driven, energetic, proactive and focus
WHY WORK HERE?
- This is a high-impact position with opportunity for significant learning and professional growth as well as advancement within the company
- Be part of a fast-paced, results-oriented and collaborative work environment where we are shaping the global human resource space using the latest available technology
- We offer a competitive salary, employee stock option plan, a bonus tied to company performance, health benefits, 4 weeks vacation, etc.
Apply immediately, as we will be interviewing soon!