Who We Are:
Certn has created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet. Utilizing hundreds of thousands of data sources, Certn has set a new standard for risk management tools for employers, property managers, and more. We started in 2016, quickly becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups, and we are looking to expand our team internationally!
We are looking for a talented, driven individual that wants to make an impact on the world of big data and risk management. We pride ourselves on delivering an industry-leading platform, built with technology we love and coworkers we like and respect.
Who You Are:
Certn is looking for a Financial Controller to spearhead our fast-growing team to meet the rapid organic growth demands of the organization. The ideal candidate will be looking to accelerate learning, build new things, and live the Certn culture. You will demonstrate exceptional communication and partnership skills along with recognizing how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast. You will be a highly driven, energetic, focused individual that can work well with team members and external partners at all levels. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to problem-solve, drive process improvements, and exercise good business judgment while performing your function.
- Manage processes related to month-end and quarter-end close.
- Managing the day to day activities related to a finance team.
- Oversee critical functions such as payroll, new team member hiring, and other internal human resource-related tasks.
- Ensure all other payments/deduction to employees’ payroll are processed in line with local regulations.
- Ensuring the financial functions are organized and efficient to produce accurate financial and management reports.
- Manage processes for the preparation of corporation tax and VAT returns.
- Create and maintain business partnerships and manager service levels with service providers.
- Preparation and oversight of statutory returns.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of statutory audits.
- Analyze and optimize internal control processes.
- Financial analysis and forecasting
- Professional accounting qualification: CPA, ACA, CA, or equivalent.
- Previous management experience is desirable.
- Excellent team player who values Certn’s “People First” mentality.
- Comfortable working as part of a larger team located in different parts of the globe.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and IFRS both in local and international context.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
What you’ll get at Certn:
- Competitive salary and opportunity for advancement
- Your own commuter road bike for getting around
- Access to professional development and training
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we are shaping the global human resource space using the latest available technology.
or apply at [email protected]