Spoiler Alert: This is not your ordinary HR Director role.
We are building a special company where our culture and our people are our competitive advantage. We want to become a world-class organization that sets the bar for Working From Home and Working in a great culture. This opportunity is way beyond just ordinary HR stuff because our mission is to make HR & Recruiting teams better and hence you will not only be able to practice your craft but you will be able to help us build better products and you will help us sell to your peers around the world. This is a dream job that goes way beyond the regular requirements for an HR leader.
*** this is a remote position ***
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with providing HR Leadership to a start-up company.
- Finds joy in hiring and developing world class people & teams.
- Experience implementing all the HR requirements & essentials in addition to strong coaching experience.
- Experience BUILDING an HR Department from SCRATCH.
- Experience leading HR agendas across North America, particularly US & Canada. More global HR experience is a plus
Is this you? Fantastic. Then we want to learn more.
The ideal candidate will have been in at least one hyper-growth startup-up environment in the top or a leading HR role. Someone who has been a #1 or #2 in the HR function for a big growth company, and organization expansion is ideal. Experience building great cultures, implementing high quality learning and development frameworks, creating performance management frameworks and compensation plans and designing organizations is a plus.
Experience we’re seeking:
- Proven HR experience developing AND Implementing policies and processes without a roadmap – we’re counting on YOU to tell US what’s needed and why. You’ll be telling us what we need and then creating from scratch.
- Experience working on a “Dream Team” surrounded by super-smart functional leaders who all have valuable input- we need you to distill team ideas to action steps based on your HR experience.
- Strategic planning of growth- we’re looking for proven experience with strategic planning and growth. Our company is doubling in size and we expect to grow our operations to multiple states, provinces and countries.
- Talent Retention & Acquisition planning- How have you scaled up/ built an agile team?
- We’re also looking for strong evidence of Culture Building- You’ll be our lead champion of People, so we’d like to know how you’ve developed/defined and built a strong & positive company culture in the past.
- We are looking for someone who has hired great people and built great teams not just in HR but throughout organizations where you have worked
- We want to see evidence of innovation & creativity in your background and if we interview you will seek examples of this in your work.
What You’ll Do:
- You will have a unique opportunity to play a significant role in driving strategic growth for a Series A startup on a rocketship growth trajectory.
- Strategically design various HR programs and infrastructure to build a solid and scalable human capital foundation
- Partner and/or lead in the development and implementation of critical organizational development initiatives, such as change management, culture building, team effectiveness, employee engagement, rewards and recognition
- Design and implement a scalable performance management/review process
- Create onboarding plans and educate newly hired employees on HR policies, internal procedures, and regulations
- Lay the foundation of our whole People Strategy, Processes & Systems
- Help us build an awesome and inspirational culture
- Create and awesome recruiting process and team that includes a great candidate experience and results in amazing hires
- You have a BA/BS degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience including Human Resource generalist and business partner experience
- You are a “GSD” (get stuff done) oriented individual
- You have experience delivering integrated HR solutions within a fast-paced, dynamic, unstructured environment using strong influence skills with an executive presence, yet also approachable
- You have experience in leadership coaching, organization effectiveness, team dynamics, leadership development, management/leadership effectiveness, and facilitation
- You are process and metrics oriented, and use data to lead your business recommendations and decisions
- You have experience in pre-IPO start-ups or small, privately-held companies (preferred)
- You have a super high tolerance for ambiguity and you love bringing structure where none has existed previously
- You love working in a high change environment
- You are well connected in the HR community and have many resources you can call upon for help when needed
- Well-rounded expertise across all general areas of HR, including Organizational Design, Workforce Planning, Diversity and Inclusion, Employee Experience, Talent and Performance Management, Total Rewards, Employee Relations, and Employment Law
Since its inception in 2016, the company has quickly become one of Canada’s fastest-growing background check companies. We pride ourselves on our dynamic work environment with an energizing team culture. For more information, visit https://certn.co/. Certn is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Certn is a platform that is changing the way we characterize and evaluate people. We are always on the search for others who aspire to immerse themselves in artificial intelligence and machine learning to influence the world of financial inclusion and risk. One of our goals is to be considered leaders of back-end engineering and a model to others. We are prepared to invest our resources to ensure all the necessary tools are at your disposal. If you enjoy pushing the envelope and challenging yourself to be the best, we want you on our team.