We’re sorry, this position has been filled.
Rapidly growing Canadian Tech Company is seeking a Director of Customer Support.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Director of Customer Support to help ensure our customers have the best possible background check experience. You, the successful candidate, will work directly with the founders and C-level team to create the strategic direction and execution of our Customer Support. You will bring a depth of knowledge in customer experience and leadership to grow a world-class remote customer experience team. At Certn, our customers and their people are everything to us and the experience they receive is one of our top priorities. We want someone that has created meaningful results through leading a customer-focused team.
Your goals will be to:
- scale the customer support team while keeping it efficient
- educate our customer base to effectively use our products and features
- work closely with the marketing, product and customer success team to ensure our customers have a voice and our teams receive the appropriate feedback to make sure we’re making strategic decisions driven by our customers’ needs.
We’re looking for someone that’s autonomous, comfortable leading a team around the world, around the clock, excellent at team communication and great at systems and processes that scale.
- Own the strategy, execution, and the results of our customer retention with the primary goals of extending and retaining our customer base
- Develop retention strategies and programs including SMB customer onboarding, customer and product education
- Work in partnership with the key stakeholders including the Marketing, Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams to improve the customer experience, retention and customer satisfaction.
- Analyze all aspects of our retention and revenue-generating activities to determine and identify areas of improvement
- Define strategic plans for both the customer happiness team as well as the customer success teams along with planning and prioritization systems
- Design and optimize the SMB customer journey
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of experts in Customer Support, Product Education, Technical Writing, and Self-Help
- Build out a self-help driven support team that can efficiently handle an ever-growing and engaged customer base
- Develop, implement and improve on training and support processes to ensure our support team knows how to best help our customers with efficient responses times and high levels of customer satisfaction as we scale our customer support
- Take a qualitative and quantitative approach of providing customer product feedback on an ongoing basis to ensure the product team has the right information to ensure we are improving our product based on our customers’ voice.
- Occasionally provide the highest level of support to key customers with complex problems
- 2+ years of building and optimizing retention, support and customer experience driven initiatives.
- Proven success in driving retention in a similar role
- Analytical and ROI focused with the ability to manipulate data, build reports, and craft analyses to generate insights & recommendations.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with product feedback, customer support, product education, and user research.
- Adept at working effectively in a fast-paced environment, independently and collaboratively as a team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly present ideas, updates, and results to business partners on various levels
- Creative, innovative and motivated to design & build things where they do not already exist.
- Growth mindset with an avid desire to continually learn and expand skill set.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) Or equivalent practical experience.