Who we are
Certn has created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet. Utilizing hundreds of thousands of data sources, Certn has set a new standard for risk management tools for employers, property managers, and more. We started in 2016, quickly becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups, and we are looking to expand our team!
We are looking for talented, driven developers that want to make an impact on the world of big data and risk management. We pride ourselves on delivering an industry-leading platform, built with technology we love and coworkers we like and respect. If you love working with the latest tech in a fast-paced startup environment, then we want to hear from you!
Who you are
We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to build out our Business Intelligence data pipeline, and provide valuable data-driven insights to the rest of our team.
What’s in it for you
- Work directly with management and users to define and prioritize reporting and information needs
- Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources and reporting tools
- Translate business needs and troubleshoot data discrepancy to Technical data team members (data engineers)
- Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
- Evaluate and make recommendations on the application of new analytics technologies Refine and maintain KPI dashboards to drive business decisions
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity
- Maintain and optimize complex financial models
- Support the company planning cycle including long-range planning, annual operating plans and quarterly forecasting
What you bring to the table
- 3 years of experience as a Business Intelligence Data Analyst
- Strong Knowledge of SQL queries and/or Redshift
- Experience using Python for data analysis
- Experience with BI technologies (Microsoft Power BI or similar tools like Tableau)
- Experience with Google Analytics (or other web analytics tool)
- Prior experience supporting Finance and Sales teams’ data needs
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) – ability to distil large amounts of data into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.