Having recently secured 43 million in funding and named one of Canada’s Companies-to-Watch in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ Awards, we are becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups and looking to expand our team!
** this position is fully remote ***
We are looking for a talented, driven developer that wants to make an impact on the world of big data and risk management. We pride ourselves on delivering an industry leading platform, built with technology we love and coworkers we like and respect. If you love working with the latest tech in a fast-paced startup environment, then we want to hear from you!
We are proud to have created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet. Utilizing hundreds of thousands of data sources, Certn has set a new standard for risk management tools for employers, property managers, and more.
Who you are
We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to keep building out our Business Intelligence data tooling, and provide valuable data driven insights to the rest of our team.
What’s in it for you:
- Work directly with management and users to define and prioritize reporting and information needs
- Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources and reporting tools
- Translate business needs and troubleshoot data discrepancy to Technical data team members (data engineers)
- Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
- Evaluate and make recommendations on the application of new analytics technologies Refine and maintain KPI dashboards to drive business decisions
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity
- Maintain and optimize complex financial models
- Support the company planning cycle including long-range planning, annual operating plans and quarterly forecasting
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Intelligence Data Analyst
- Strong Knowledge of SQL queries and/or Redshift
- Experience with BI technologies (Tableau or similar tools)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) – ability to distill large amounts of data into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
Nice to Have:
- Experience using Python for data analysis
- Experience with Google Analytics (or other web analytics tool)
- Basic understanding of Finance and Sales teams’ data needs
- Data engineering skills
Why work here?
- A comprehensive benefits package that starts day one
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Wellness initiatives (flex summer Friday afternoons, wellness days)
- Fitness perk allowance
- Professional development allowance
- Regular team building activities
- Unlimited growth potential
- Get to work with awesome people
We are interviewing immediately – please send through your application asap (cover letter not required).