Certn has created the fastest and most comprehensive background screening solution on the planet.
Started in 2016, we’ve quickly become one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups. We are now expanding into the US, taking our disruptive, industry-leading platform to the next level.
As a Compliance Specialist- USA, you help keep Certn out of harm’s way when it comes to data as it is provided to our customers. You will be integral to ensuring that the background check information being reported is up to par with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and state requirements. You will work closely with our VP of US Compliance to successfully create, implement and maintain compliance strategies for today and into the future.
Within this role you will have an impact on the team in helping us improve processes and procedures and adjust our practices as we grow, products change, and regulations change.
You will learn a TON and teach us as well!
- Review of criminal records and reporting based on federal/state guidelines
- Assist with dispute resolution process in accordance with FCRA
- Assess vendor/researcher product and suggest effective options to reduce and remediate any associated risks
- Review of other services related to but not limited to criminal searches (national, federal, statewide, county), sex offender searches, terrorist watch list, sanctions searches
- Initiate escalation of and/or respond to a variety of internal and external support questions
Required skills and experience: (must-haves)
- Experience reviewing criminal records and reporting based on federal/state guidelines within a Consumer Reporting Agency
- Familiarity with the dispute resolution process in accordance with FCRA
- Strong reading comprehension skills (especially legal codes)
- Attention to detail and accuracy is an absolute must
- Experience working with confidential information and keeping sensitive data private
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
Strong candidates will also have:
- A solid understanding of the legislation frameworks along with a history of working and/or education in the field
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- PBSA basic/advanced certification
- Familiarity with project management techniques
- An aptitude for explaining policies and procedures to other employees
WHY WORK HERE?
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we are shaping the global human resource space using the latest available technology
- High-impact role with opportunity for professional growth and opportunity
- Access to professional development and training
- A competitive salary, health benefits,
- 4 weeks’ vacation, wellness days
- Green Transportation Perk
- Fitness Allowance
Apply immediately, as we will be interviewing soon!