Having recently secured 43 million in funding and named one of Canada’s Companies-to-Watch in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ Awards, we are becoming one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-ups and looking to expand our C level team! Certn is a fast growing global technology company that is looking to reinvent the way organizations build Trust in People with technology and AI backed background checks. We have roughly 105 team members and we’re proud of our revenue and customer growth. That said, we do not compromise on quality and will continue to grow and scale in a way that will make us the most trusted data solution for background checks and the best place to work. To continue on this trajectory, we are looking for a Chief Technology Officer to help develop and mature strategic initiatives and operational capabilities.In this role, you’ll work closely with the CEO to set strategy, build processes and drive execution of enterprise-wide product and technology for scale. You will work your cross-functional magic every day with our amazing teams including Product, Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, People & Culture and Customer Success. What we’re looking for?
- Deep product-oriented mindset and a strong technical background. You will be responsible for the “Why-What-How” and will own decisions from product innovation and strategy to the technology enabling it.
- Our customers are everything to us! Therefore we’re also looking for in-depth knowledge of the customer and a good understanding of the market conditions.
- There are many stakeholders in our products and our technology. We’re looking for a great communicator who will be able to inform stakeholders intentionally.
- In other words, the CTO will build, own and lead initiatives across the entire product-engineering lifecycle — from customer discovery and user research to development, delivery and support.
- Building a great team is the responsibility of all of us and we want your help! You’ll be involved in attracting great talent, interviewing, goal setting, career development, etc. Becoming the best company to work for is one of our top priorities.
Typical profile can look like this (even if this isn’t exactly you but you think you’re a great candidate to grow and scale our Product and Engineering teams and help us be the best place to grow and work, reach out – we want to hear from you):
- 12+ years of relevant leadership and practical experience in product leadership and information technology (systems, infrastructure, support)
- Forward-thinking strategist with proven success in translating strategy to tactical plans with high quality execution and delivery
- Experience with modern cloud-based SaaS and PaaS tools
- Experience working for a fast growth technology company (you’ve seen scale)
- A builder mindset that can weigh alternatives of building vs. buying solutions
- Ability to manage and motivate a high performing distributed team
What’s in it for you?
- We’re an ambitious team backed by world-class investors who have experience building some of the world’s largest tech companies. More importantly, they will do whatever they can to help you succeed in this role.
- We want to go on work adventures. We want to grow (intentionally). We want to try and experiment (fail fast). We want to create a workplace that we haven’t found elsewhere yet – you know it: perfect balance of complex challenging work with a friendly and fun environment.
- You will have the autonomy and support to build world-class Product and Engineering teams and solve challenging technical problems.
- You will have the opportunity to support the growth of fantastic leaders that have a lot of potential.
We are an inclusive company. We care deeply about building a diverse team that reflects the diversity of the world. We believe that engaging our people through interesting work and a diverse group of people to do it with, partnered with rewards that recognize impact is the way to succeed. You can expect competitive pay, ownership in the company and a group of smart people to work and play with.
Thank you for reading and please reach out to us immediately as we are interviewing now for this critical leadership position.